A precise and portable in-vehicle inclinometer for vehicle navigation device
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
Key Problem and Market Opportunity
- The global market for global positioning system (GPS) is expected to show a high growth and is projected to grow at an approximate CAGR of 15% from 2016 to 2024.1
- Portable navigation device, including GPS and smart phone, not only provide directions for trip planning, they also provide directions in real time with the shortest or quickest route.
- In-vehicle inclination angle in is an important parameter for portable navigation and positioning for multi-level road structures.
- Existing portable navigation devices are not accurate enough to provide the vertical position of an in-motion vehicle and get the effect of misalignment.
1 Grand View Research Inc, a US-based market research and consulting company, based in San Francisco, reports that
Key Advantages of the Technology
- Provide automatic calibration to remove the misalignment pitch offset angle in both the Stationary-mode (static) and Moving-mode (in-motion).
- The calibration is performed with an external 3D Geographic Information System (GIS) database that has an attribute that records the road grades of road segments
Potential Product and Services
- in portable navigation device, e.g. smart phone or global positioning system (GPS) system
Development Status and IP Strength
- US Reg Application No. 15/261,260