Platinum Complexes for Anti-cancer Treatment
- Therapeutic Chemicals
- Reference No.
Key Problem and Market Opportunity
- There is increasing interest in developing luminescent transition metal complexes that have therapeutic activity, and also can allow for the simultaneous monitoring of cancer progression. The photophysical properties of such complexes allow them to be visualized and traced in vitro and in vivo, thus providing real-time tracking of cellular distribution, structural changes, and biotransformation pathways of platinum(II) complexes.
Key Advantages of the Technology
- Sensitive to ctDNA
- High cell uptake efficiency and high nuclear DNA binding efficacy
- Higher cytotoxicity than cisplatin and oxaliplatin, especially on cisplatin-resistant cell line
- Significant tumor inhibition efficacy and low toxicity to the animal
Potential Product and Services
- Platform technology for developing luminescent transition metal complexes
- Anti-cancer drug, especially for cisplatin-resistant cancer
Development Status and IP Strength
- PCT Application No. PCT/CN/2017/095150
- Patent application submitted